Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day --

Wouldn't you know it? I posted last week about the fact that snow in Memphis is very very rare, and BAM! we got snow last night. A nice little dusting of snow. And the forecast is for more snow. A LOT more snow, like five to eight inches. Curiouser and curiouser. As I sit here writing and sipping iced coffee (I know, but I could drink iced coffee in a blizzard), I can see from my dining room window the snow coming down. It's extraordinary for Memphis.  This is the view from my front door.


Today is Valentine's Day. My sweet hubby, as always, way overdid the gifts for me. He had flowers delivered on Friday morning -- beautiful pink/purple tulips, along with a "flower card" (which is what I told him I wanted when he asked). The flower cards are sold by a local florist, Holliday's Flowers, and they allow the bearer to go in once a month for a free small bouquet. They punch your card each month and it's good for one year. It's such a great idea. I love fresh flowers so much.


Then (back to Valentine's Day), Friday afternoon I got a box from Nothing Bundt Cakes with an assortment of  "bundlets" (cupcakes). THEN, this morning I get a beautiful pop up card, Home Body -- a decorating book by Joanna Gaines, a DVD collection of Rosemary & Thyme, a British detective show, and another home decor book called Home Made Lovely. An embarrassment of riches. He had asked me a couple weeks ago what I wanted for Valentine's Day and I told him a flower card would be lovely. He's such a generous soul. 

As for what I gave him? I made him a delicious meal last night -- ribeye steaks, baked potatoes, and green beans, topped off with a homemade chocolate cake. He is a true chocoholic, so that's one of his love languages. 😜 This morning I gave him a card, along with a couple packages of trail mix-type stuff, and a small leather notebook to keep at his workbench or wherever he chooses. 



I hope wherever you are that you have a lovely, peaceful Sunday. And a very Happy Valentine's Day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An original short story: Marie's House by Patty Panni

“Gracious Living, how may I help you?” The voice on the phone was polished and friendly. Like she was actually interested in helping me. “...