Sunday, February 28, 2021

Sunday Musings --

I heard a song the other day that I haven't heard for probably 30+ years. It was a "blast from the past" and I found myself singing along to lyrics I'd forgotten even existed. Love...look what you've done to me, I never thought I'd fall again so easily... Hearing the song brought pure joy. I let the music wash over me in the car, evoking memories and times gone by. When the song came out in 1980 I was a broke college student having the time of her life, wonderfully naive about the world and real life, with a roommate who would become a lifelong friend, and with a burning desire to see and experience everything she could. It was a time of innocence and excitement and it changed the trajectory of my life. And Boz Scaggs transported me right back there in a single song. What a lovely gift. 

Around here, Covid vaccine rollout continues, although at a dismal pace. I just checked and Tennessee is 46th out of 50 states in terms of distributing the vaccines that have been received. I fear it may be summer before I can get mine. Even for an introvert like me, this staying-at-home-and-keeping-my-distance business is getting really old. I'm ready for dinner out with friends or shopping somewhere besides Amazon. But I'm not indulging because I want us all to be safe. Too many people have lost loved ones from this terrible virus -- sometimes because of pure selfishness on someone's part who refused to act responsibly -- and I won't play any part in anyone else getting sick. So I wait for better days. They will come...I have faith.

That Cute Boy I Married loves classic TV and movies and he has a real knack for finding new/old movies for us to watch together. Last night we enjoyed "Dinner and a Movie" with a showing of Midnight Lace with Doris Day and Rex Harrison, along with John Gavin, Roddy McDowell, and Myrna Loy. It's a great little whodunit, and I found myself vacillating on who were the good guys/bad guys right up to the end. 

More later --

1 comment:

An original short story: Marie's House by Patty Panni

“Gracious Living, how may I help you?” The voice on the phone was polished and friendly. Like she was actually interested in helping me. “...