Sunday, May 30, 2021

An original poem: Splash! by Patty Panni

Although I do not consider myself a true poet, I do occasionally pen a poem. Here's a fun one I wrote a couple years ago. 

SPLASH!

She stands frozen on the edge

Much farther than she’s ever gone

She wants so much to keep her pledge

And not to be the only one

 

I can do this she whispers to herself

Hands holding tight as one

One big jump will get me there

Kids will see that I am fun

 

One deep breath, eyes squeezed tight

And with the jump a tiny sob

For one brief moment she takes flight

Till gravity does its ceaseless job

 

S P L A S H ! !

 

Wow, that was fun! she laughs out loud

She felt as though with wings she soared

She hurries to get out of the pool

And rejoin the queue for the diving board

No comments:

Post a Comment

An original short story: Marie's House by Patty Panni

“Gracious Living, how may I help you?” The voice on the phone was polished and friendly. Like she was actually interested in helping me. “...