Sunday, September 19, 2021

Vacation

We just got back from our beach vacation. We missed it last year, due to my MRSA infection, and I really wanted Steve to have a good vacation this year. Bottom line: it was a good to get away, we ate some really good seafood and watched some great old classic movies, and the views from the balcony were beautiful. But it was a hard trip, physically, even though we took two days to go and to come home. 

I did get some pretty pictures, though, and thought I'd share them here.

These were taken the day we arrived. We had a beautiful view from our balcony.




We were directly over the pool (four floors down) and we spent some good time there.

It rained several days, but we still enjoyed our time there.


Here we are, waiting for a table at a fun place in Destin - Lulu's.


Another one of our favorite beachside restaurants is The Back Porch. They always have two or three kitties that roam the grounds and their picture is posted with their name and "Resident Taste Tester." I was able to catch a picture of one of them, humorously lingering under the "Employees Only" sign. 

On our last day we had dinner at Captain Dave's, which is also right on the water. During dinner, it rained again and, since we were seated by the window, I able to get a few pictures.


Before we left, I asked the waitress to take our picture.

When we got back to the condo, we were gifted with a beautiful double rainbow. It was a beautiful end to the week.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures Patty. What a lovely place to relax.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

An original short story: Marie's House by Patty Panni

“Gracious Living, how may I help you?” The voice on the phone was polished and friendly. Like she was actually interested in helping me. “...