Thursday, February 11, 2021

No snow...but plenty of ice --

I miss snow. I grew up in northern Indiana, and there was no shortage of it. But here in Memphis, snow is as rare as hens teeth. We might see it once a year, always with little to no accumulation. What we do get, on occasion, is ice. All last night and through this morning, freezing rain has fallen. This was the view from my kitchen window. 

Ice has covered the trees, the power lines (gulp), the shrubs, and even the bird feeder. Poor wee babies!


I keep reminding Hobbes and Audrey how lucky they are to have a nice warm home. I keep reminding myself the same thing. Today, I am happy to be retired and my hubby is happy to be working from home. Neither one of us wants to brave icy streets, especially with Memphis drivers who crazy-drive even on dry pavement. 😏

  
 
Thinking warm thoughts and sipping hot coffee --

No comments:

Post a Comment

An original short story: Marie's House by Patty Panni

“Gracious Living, how may I help you?” The voice on the phone was polished and friendly. Like she was actually interested in helping me. “...